ACH Grantees, Municipalities and Non-Profits

ACH Grantees, Municipalities and Non-Profits


HCR offers various programs that can assist municipalities and not-for-profit organizations to meet their affordable housing goals.

  • AHC offers grants to build, acquire/rehabilitate or improve homes for low and moderate income families.

  • HFA offers financing options for the construction, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable multifamily rental housing throughout New York State.

  • HFA also offers the Manufactured Home Cooperative Fund Program (MHCFP), a revolving loan program. MHCFP assists manufactured home park residents to purchase the land underlying their homes, make infrastructure improvements, and form cooperatives.

Get a Grant From AHC

Current NOFA

The New York State Affordable Housing Corporation (AHC) administers the Affordable Home Ownership Development Program (AHOD Program) which provides grants to governmental, not-for-profit and charitable groups to build, acquire/rehabilitate or improve homes for low and moderate income families.

The Program has two primary goals:

  • To promote home ownership among families of low and moderate income for whom there are few affordable home ownership alternatives in the private market

  • To stimulate the development, stabilization and preservation of New York communities.

Eligible Applicants:

Grants are not made directly to individual homebuyers or homeowners, but to government and non-government sponsors (Grantees) that develop affordable housing or assist homeowners in funding necessary repairs. These Grantees are responsible, in turn, for ensuring that the homebuyers or homeowners are income qualified and otherwise eligible recipients of funds under the Program.

Eligible applicants include the following:

  • Municipalities, including municipal housing authorities and housing development fund companies, and

  • Not-for-profit corporations and charitable organizations that have affordable housing or home improvement as one of their primary purposes.

If you are a single-family home builder and wish to get involved with AHC projects, you may merge your efforts with an eligible applicant or current Grantee.

Listed below are current AHC Grantees. Grantees are listed in alphabetical order by region. For each Grantee listed you will see the organization's name, address, phone number, county/counties it serves and the type of AHC projects it undertakes. Homebuyers should look for Grantees that do "New Construction" and/or "Acquisition/Rehabilitation" projects. Homeowners needing assistance with necessary renovations should look for Grantees that specialize in "Home Improvement" projects.


To find a Grantee in your area, click on the appropriate region below.

Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Niagara Counties


Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates Counties


Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Onondaga, Oswego Counties


Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins Counties


Fulton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Schoharie Counties


Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren, Washington Counties


Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence Counties


Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester Counties


Nassau, Suffolk Counties


Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, Richmond Counties

Maximum Grant Amount:

Grants are available for up to $35,000 per unit or $40,000 per unit in designated high cost areas or projects receiving United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development Service loans. To determine whether or not a county has been designated as a "high cost area", please see the High Cost Area Table.

Income Limits:

Grants are given to projects servicing individuals or families who generally earn between 100% and 166% of the HUD Low Income Limits. To see the applicable HUD Low Income Limits at 100%, 112%, 137%, and 166% please view AHC Income Limits.  

Please refer to the regulations section in the back of the RFP for full details on the Affordable Home Ownership Development Program.

You may download the entire RFP above or you may request a copy to be sent to you in the mail by emailing your name, organization name and mailing address to: [email protected]. If you have questions, you may call 212-872-0438.


Applications are due on dates specified by AHC, generally once or twice per year. A Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and a Request For Proposal (RFP) are issued jointly and the application must be timely received.

Already AHC Grantee

If you are already an AHC Grantee, the forms and information you need are available here.

Once an application for AHC funding has been approved, a Grant Award Letter is sent to the applicant requesting certain required documentation and exhibits prior to the execution of the Grant Agreement. When exhibits have been approved and all issues resolved, a Grant Agreement is drawn up and executed by the applicant (Grantee) and AHC management. The process from this point on can be divided into three phases. Click on each phase to learn more.

Phase 1: Contract Execution

Once an application has been approved for funding from AHC, a Grant Award Letter is sent to the Grantee who has 30 days upon which to sign and return the letter.

When the letter has been returned and updated Exhibits are submitted, along with other applicable documents, a Grant Agreement is drawn up.


Phase 2: Disbursement of Funds

The disbursement of funds can begin as soon as the Grant Agreement has been executed by the Grantee and AHC management. For each draw, the Grantee is required to submit the appropriate documentation. If you are an NPC/RPC, please click here for the NPC/RPC Certification/3% Request Form (Form D-9).

NOTE: Grantees will be strictly held to the financial plans submitted and accepted within the Grant Agreements.

NEW: For all Projects starting with the “N” series that are receiving administrative fees (not including NPC/RPC 3% funds), you will need to submit AHC FORM D-11: Administrative Funds Detail Sheet. This form should be submitted with each draw where administrative funds are being requested. Please email Elaine Chang, Senior Program Manager at AHC, at [email protected] with any questions regarding this form.


New Construction Projects

A separate requisition package is required for each unit assisted with AHC funds. The forms necessary for a draw are:

If the New Construction project is utilizing AHC funds for construction financing only, please utilize the following forms, and contact your Project Manager for further instruction:


Acquisition/Rehabilitation Projects

A separate requisition is required for each unit assisted with AHC funds.


Home Improvement Projects

Requisitions for up to 25% of the entire grant amount may be submitted. Multiple families can be on the same requisition package.


Phase 3: Compliance Period

In accordance with the terms of the Grant Agreement, the Grantee has a continuing responsibility and obligation to monitor the homes developed or improved under the Grant Agreement. This obligation remains in force for the term of the AHC lien on the property. The term of the lien depends on the amount of the subsidy, and may be for up to ten years. Click here for the F-8 Occupancy Period/Repayment Obligation chart.


Per Project

As units are sold or improved, the Grantee is responsible for obtaining and filing the appropriate AHC Note and Mortgage. All of the original Notes and Mortgages are to be returned to AHC the Project close-out documentation.

While the project is ongoing, the Grantee is responsible for submitting quarterly progress reports (Unit Status Report), and the Article 15A Compliance Data Sheet. The Article 15A Compliance Data Sheet will be mailed out by our offices. The Unit Status Report will be submitted by the Grantee through our online data reporting system, GUS.

The Grantee is responsible for submitting a close-out certification form no later than six months following the completion of the last unit. Following the close-out of a project, an annual summary report certification as well as occupancy monitoring is required.

A homeowner may decide to repay the remaining lien amount, ask approval for an assumption or ask AHC to subordinate to another mortgage. It is the responsibility of the Grantee to assist the homeowner in filling out the proper documentation and acting as the liaison between the homeowner and AHC.

HFA's Financing Programs

The New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA) offers financing to create and preserve affordable multifamily rental housing throughout the state. Developers can take advantage of several financing resources. These include agency-issued bonds-which can be tax-exempt, taxable or 501(c)(3) bonds-Low Income Housing Tax Credits; and subsidy loans.

Explore Housing Finance Agency Resources


Manufactured Home Cooperative Fund Program

Helping Manufactured Home Park Residents to Own the Land Under Their Homes


The Manufactured Home Cooperative Fund Program (MHCFP) is a revolving loan program which provides the financial and technical resources to encourage and facilitate cooperative ownership of manufactured home parks, sometimes referred to as mobile home parks.


MHCFP assists manufactured home park residents in purchasing the land underlying their homes, making infrastructure improvements, and forming cooperatives. By owning and managing their parks, residents are able to take greater control over their housing costs and living conditions.


Eligible applicants are manufactured home residents' associations, manufactured home park cooperatives, municipalities, housing development fund companies, and not-for-profit corporations or charitable organizations whose purpose includes the improvement of housing.


Income restrictions apply and preference will be given to applicants whose average incomes do not exceed the median income for the county in which the park is located. View a chart showing the median income for each county.

For further information contact Mark Flescher, Vice President, Special Projects at (212) 688-4000 x493.



Q: How can I find out if it might be feasible to convert a park to a cooperative?

A: Upon the written request of a majority of the residents of a park, the MHCFP will arrange to have a feasibility study performed to determine if a park could be successfully converted to a cooperative. The study looks at the current owner's position on selling, the physical condition of the park including any work necessary to bring it up to acceptable condition and an estimate of the market value of the park in order to determine whether a conversion is feasible while keeping the park affordable to its current residents. While the study is paid for by the MHCFP, if a conversion is feasible and is actually completed using a loan from the MHCFP, the cost of the study is reimbursed from that loan.

If the MHCFP receives a positive feasibility study and the residents are willing to try to purchase the land under their homes, the MHCFP can provide the residents with technical assistance to help them negotiate the purchase of the park and accomplish all other tasks necessary to complete the conversion.


Q: Can the State force the sale of a park to the residents?

A:  No. The MHCFP can only make affordable loans to park residents who are able to persuade a park's current owner to sell.


Q: How does the cooperative buy the park?

A: The cooperative corporation buys the park from its current owner at a negotiated price acceptable to all parties and any sources of money for the purchase. The corporation usually gets the money to buy the park from a number of places including: loans from the MHCFP, loans from other lenders, money invested as equity by the residents who choose to become shareholders and various other grants and loans.


Q: What does cooperative ownership of a manufactured home park mean?

A: In a Manufactured Home Park Cooperative, the park is owned by a cooperative corporation. All of the shares in the corporation are owned by the residents of the park. As shareholders, the residents both get the right to lease the pads their homes are on and get the right to participate in running the park. The shareholders periodically elect a Board of Directors responsible for the day to day operations of the park and are entitled to accurate and timely information about the park's financial condition. As a group the shareholders own the park and have all the rights and responsibilities of the park's owner.

Q: How can I find out what my rights are as a Manufactured Home Park Resident in New York State?

A:  The New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal enforces the major provisions of the Manufactured Home Tenants "Bill of Rights", Section 233 of the Real Property Law. The Commissioner of Housing may make applications to courts to restrain violations by park owners and seek the imposition of penalties, allowances and restitution. Information about the "Bill of Rights" is available on the DHCR Website at

In order to efficiently respond to manufactured home park residents, DHCR has a 24-hour telephone hotline, 1-800-432-4210. DHCR's enforcement and compliance relies upon the evaluation of each complaint by Division professionals and where appropriate, referral to mediation centers across the state for prompt resolution. If mediation is not appropriate, DHCR staff will attempt to conciliate the complaint or if necessary seek a remedy from the courts.