Welcome to the Community Development Online (CDOL) Application System.
Local Program Administrator (LPA) Programs:
CDOL may be used to apply for the following HCR programs:
- Access to Home Program
- Access to Home for Medicaid
- Access to Home for Veterans
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Mobile and Manufactured Home Replacement
- New York State HOME Local Program Administrator
- RESTORE program
Capital Project Programs:
CDOL may also be used by affordable housing developers applying for capital project financing through the Unified Funding application. These programs are:
- Low Income Housing Credit Program (9% LIHC)
- New York State Low Income Housing Tax Credit (SLIHC)
- Low Income Housing Trust Fund Program (HTF)
- Supportive Housing Opportunity Program (SHOP)
- Middle Income Housing Program (MIHP)
- Public Housing Preservation Program (PHP)
- Rural and Urban Community Investment Fund (CIF)
- Housing Development Fund Program (HDF)
- Section 8 Project Based Voucher Program (PBV)
If you are already a registered user:
you can log on to CDOL here.
If you have any trouble accessing your account
For Multi-Family/Capital Applications
(HTF, SLIHC, LIHC, HOME Capital, CIF, HDF, ML, MIHP, SHOP, PIP)
Phone: (518) 473-2525
For LPA Program Applications
(Access to Home, Access to Home Medicaid, Access to Home Veterans, Mobile and Manufactured Home Replacement, CDBG Housing, HOME and RESTORE).
Phone: (518) 474-2057
Become a Registered User
To use CDOL, you must already be registered in HCR's Statewide Housing Activity Reporting System or SHARS. You must also designate a Security Manager for your organization to authorize and monitor access to this system.
If your organization has already registered with SHARS
You must submit a Security Manager Registration Form to HCR. In this form, you will designate a user from your organization who will manager your application in CDOL. Complete and return the form to us by mail with an original authorized signature. You will receive a CDOL User ID and password by email.
If your organization is not registered with SHARS
You must complete and submit an Applicant Registration Form to the address below so that you may be registered as a SHARS Applicant. This form includes a section to designate a Security Manager. Complete and return the form to us by mail with an original authorized signature. You will receive a CDOL User ID and password by email.
Mailing Address for Both Forms:
New York State Homes and Community Renewal
Office of Community Development - MSR Unit
Hampton Plaza - Room 603S
38-40 State St.
Albany, NY 12207
Fillable Application Attachment Files
Community Development Online (CDOL) applicants should download the appropriate group of attachment files below. Once downloaded (see instructions below), these files can be filled in, saved, and then uploaded into the System as part of the documents required as application attachments. Please be sure to download the correct group of files based on the type of application you are filing in the System.
Rural and Urban Community Investment Fund (CIF) Program Open Window
Unified Funding Capital Projects 2018
Instructions for Downloading and Unzipping Zip Files
For Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Click on the link
- Select the directory on your machine that you want the file downloaded to.
- When the download is complete open 'Windows Explorer' to locate the .zip file you downloaded and double click it.
- In the window that opens, click “Extract all files”.
- The Extraction Wizard will open. Click “Next” to continue.
- From the Select a Destination dialog, select the location where you want the folder to be placed (by default this will be in a subfolder of the folder the .zip file is in). Then click “Next” to extract the files.
- Make sure “Show extracted files” is checked, and then click Finish.
- The unzipped files, now located in the folder that you chose, will appear in a new window.