Governor Kathy Hochul has announced a suite of Community Resource programs to assist residents in East Buffalo, including three affordable housing programs described here in more detail. We look forward to working with residents and our program partners to increase, improve and preserve affordable housing in the East Buffalo Community.
Due to high interest in the Buffalo East Homeowner Improvement Program, the program will be accepting additional applications through September 6th.
After September 6th all interested applicants will be asked to join our waiting list and the program will contact wait-listed homeowners if additional resources become available in the future.
To join the waitlist, homeowners can:
- Visit the office of our local partner, Broadway Fillmore NHS Inc. at 780 Fillmore Avenue between 9 a.m. 5 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Call the program office at 716-852-3130
- Email the program – [email protected]
- Or fill out the following website form - Income Eligible Home Repair Program Buffalo NY (780fillmore.org)
Applications will be accepted for all of the programs listed below. To apply, residents must currently reside in one of the following zip codes:
- 14204 - 14206 - 14208 - 14209 - 14210 - 14211 - 14212 - 14214 - 14215
These are the communities in Buffalo with the highest housing distress indicators and the highest concentrations of homeowners who have historically been subjected to housing discrimination.
To get connected to any of these programs, please call the East Buffalo Resource Center hotline at 211.