owners and managers

Owners and Managers

Owners and managers of rent regulated buildings can register apartments and access the information they need
Rent News

NEW! - City of Kingston Votes to Adopt the Emergency Tenant Protection Act

On July 28, 2022, the City of Kingston voted to adopt the New York State Emergency Tenant Protection Act (ETPA). For more information on topics such as rent increases, leases, services, and registration, visit City of Kingston Votes to Adopt the Emergency Tenant Protection ActThe New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) is responsible for administering the ETPA. All forms and information for owners can be found on the Owners and Managers page. All forms and information for tenants can be found on the Tenants page.

Rents, Leases, and Registrations for ERAP Recipients

There is new information available on the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) webpage. For questions and information, call 1-844-691-7368 or visit otda.ny.gov.

For FAQs regarding rent increases when owners are receiving ERAP assistance, visit our Rent Increases and Overcharge page.

For FAQs regarding the registration of rent(s) for rent stabilized apartments in relation to ERAP, see ERAP FAQ #35 in ARRO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

Expiration of Moratorium on Evictions

As of January 16, 2022, the Moratorium on Covid-related Residential and Commercial Evictions has expired. For more information, visit our Eviction page. 

“Rent Info - Submit a Question” Response Delays

Due to technical difficulties, there will be delays in receiving a response to inquiries submitted through the “Rent Info - Submit a Question” portal. Thank you for your patience.





Alert icon

Important Notices and Recently Revised Documents


DHCR's Partners - Access Housing Referrals


Strengthening New York State Rent Regulations - The Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019

Access Owner's and Manager's Online Services
Rent Registration

Between April 1 and July 31 of every year, owners of Rent Stabilized buildings must submit an Annual Registration for each of their stabilized apartments with HCR's Office of Rent Administration (ORA)

Owners of Rent Regulated Buildings never before registered with ORA must submit an Initial Registration


Online Applications

Owners of rent regulated apartments can visit the Owner’s Online Applications page to check the status of a case, perform a rent regulated building search, file various applications using the Owner Regulated Online Applications (ORRA) system, and submit the following Rent Controlled apartment related submissions: MBR Master Building Rent Schedule and Owner’s Report of Vacancy Decontrol


NYS Rent Connect

Find answers to the most common Rent Regulation Issues.
Access NYS Rent Connect

Watch NYS Rent Connect Intro Video
Contact and Translation Resources
Assistance Available in Multiple Languages

Español (Spanish)
中國  -  傳統 (Chinese - Traditional)
Русский (Russian)
Italiano (Italian)
Kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian-Creole)
한국어 (Korean)
বাংলা (Bengali)
אידיש (Yiddish)
Polski (Polish)
العَرَبِي (Arabic)

Contact Us
By phone:

Rent Info Line: 1 (833) 499-0343

In Person, by appointment only:

Visit one of our borough rent offices

Getting Started
Rent Regulation Glossary

Glossary of Rent Regulation Terms

Rent Regulation Issues

Quicklinks and information about the most common Rent Regulation issues