Not every house is perfect. Some need a little TLC, and some need a lot. But paying for those repairs—even minor ones—can add up fast. The SONYMA RemodelNY program provides mortgage financing options that let you purchase a property and pay for repairs to turn that almost-perfect house into your perfect home.
- Available under our Low Interest Rate and Achieving the Dream programs at the same interest rate
- May be combined with the Homes for Veterans enhancement program
Eligible home improvements include
- Structural alterations and reconstruction, like finishing a basement, repairing chimneys, and adding garages
- Remodeling kitchens and bathrooms
- New free-standing appliances
- Eliminating health and safety concerns
- Aesthetic changes, like new siding or paint
- Plumbing updates
- Roofing, gutters, and downspouts
- Energy conservation updates
- Major landscaping and site improvements
- Elevating the home, filling in below grade space or raising mechanicals to lower flood insurance premiums
RemodelNY financing is available for existing 1-4 family homes. Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) and condominiums also are eligible, provided the Homeowners Association approves of the proposed renovations.
Download the RemodelNY Term Sheet to get more details now about the Remodel NY program, loan terms, eligibility requirements, and more.